Think you can’t eat carbs and lose weight????? Re-think!!! I am breaking down this myth with the facts below once and for all.
THE TRUTH: YOU CAN eat carbs – yes the good ones!!!!
You have read that right. One can eat carbs and still lose weight. One doesn’t have to banish carbs to lose weight. But some may even aid in ones effort to weight loss. Here are couple of the reasons why carbs are NOT the enemy.
But it has to be remembered that the muffins, cupcakes, french-fries, white bread and white rice are the EVIL carbs. These are the refined and processed carbohydrates and have a very little nutritional value and make one gain weight.
- Carbohydrates that are 100 percent whole grain and rich in fibre are helpful and makes one feel full as they are absorbed slowly and keep our blood sugar level balanced.
- Non starchy vegetables, fruits, beans, and whole grains like quinoa, oats, wild rice, and triticale are some of the other healthy carbs which fit the bill.
- Limiting carbs doesn’t help the body long term and the body needs them. Depriving oneself from a major food group is never a manageable weight loss plan as it is always havoc to ones metabolism.
- People who eat three servings of whole grains a day are 30 percent less likely to develop type 2 diabetes. The right mix of the carbs help in controlling the blood sugar the best way and helps in avoiding diabetes.
- Carbs are also the vehicle for many of the nature’s disease fighters. Without them we would be sitting ducks of cancer, heart diseases, metabolic syndrome, chronic inflammation, and many of the digestive problems.
The bottom line to remember is ditch the white flour and whit.
Rice from your diet and cut back on the refined and the processed carbohydrates. It is a mistake to cout down on all the carbs. Healthy carbohydrates like fruits, vegetables, and whole grains are the essential part of a healthy, balanced diet.
- 6 Benefits Of Quitting Sugar Consumption
- 8 Peanut Butter Benefits You Didn’t Know
- Advantages & Disadvantages Of Eating Pizza